For locations requiring LTE service or failover protection, XTruLink provides the UniFi Dream Machine (UDM), an all-in-one enterprise-grade router and security gateway with an integrated Wi-Fi access point and LTE failover system.
This article describes how to set up the UniFi Dream Machine for the first time and how to fix common internet connectivity issues.
How UDM connects to your devices
This is a typical connection layout for a UniFi Dream Machine setup.
This is a typical connection layout for the U-LTE backup device.
Manage your UniFi Dream Machine setup
Your Dream Machine ships to you configured and ready to use. To begin using the device, connect your main internet line to the internet port on the back of the Dream Machine.
To set up LTE failover, connect Port 1 on your Dream Machine to the LAN port on the POE Injector. Then connect the POE port the MAIN port on the bottom of the LTE device. Make sure you POE Injector is plugged in and powered on.
Troubleshooting and advanced setup
I see "No Internet Detected" message:
- The modem/router provided by your ISP is not set to bridged mode
- The DHCP lease provided by your ISP is still assigned to the previously connected modem/router
- The ISP has locked internet access to the previously connected device or router
- The ISP connection type does not match the settings configured on the Dream Machine
- The ISP requires a VLAN to be configured on the WAN interface
To address the issue, try the following steps:
- Make sure the modem/router provided by your ISP is set to bridged mode.
- Contact your ISP to find out if they use a custom connection type, e.g. PPPoE or static IP assignments instead of DHCP.
- Reset the ISP modem/router and retry the UDM setup
Apply custom settings for PPPoE or static IP assignment connection type
If your location uses a different connection type, i.e. PPPoE or static IP assignments instead of DHCP, you might see a "No Internet Detected" message during the UDM setup process.
To apply custom connection settings you can contact XTruLink to handle remotely or use the Web UI:
- Plug in a computer to one of the ports on the back of the device and navigate to https://192.168.200.1
- Log in to the network device (contact SwipeTrack for credentials) and click on Network.
- Click on the Settings icon on the left, click Networks, click the three dots next to LAN, and click Edit.
- Select Advanced and configure according to your Network settings.
- Click Apply Changes for the new internet settings to take effect.