With Blackbaud Payment Service (BBPS) and Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS), you can securely process credit card transactions through your Blackbaud program. From the Blackbaud website, you can set up accounts with both BBPS and BBMS. When you create your merchant account, it automatically appears in the BBMS web portal and in your Blackbaud programs. After you set up your account, you can configure your account settings and manage transaction processing through the Blackbaud web portal.
Viewing Your Connected Blackbaud Account
Once connected, your can view your Blackbaud connection status under System > Payment Setup > BBMS.
If you need to change your BBMS account configuration, please contact XTrulink support.
Connecting to a Blackbaud Account
To allow XTruLink to access BBMS, you will need to grant us access as a Payments user in your Blackbaud system and approve the XTrulink application. Please follow these instructions:
IMPORTANT: These instructions must be performed by an environment admin in your organization. If you are unsure about who can perform these steps, please review this guide.
- Navigate to https://host.nxt.blackbaud.com/connected-apps/?svcid=paymt.
- Select Security in the top menu bar.
- Ensure you have a Payments role in place:
- Navigate to the Roles tab.
- Verify that you can see a Payments roles section with at least one role defined such as a "Payments API User" role.
- If the Payments section or role is missing, view instructions here to add this to your environment.
We recommend that the clients create and control the dedicated account instead of an individual's personal account to avoid the scenario where organizations cannot authorize the application's access when the individual is unavailable without repeating these steps.
- Invite a user to the Payments role:
- Navigate to the Users tab and select Add user.
- On the Add user screen:
- In the Name and Email fields, enter XTrulink Access and the email address you wish to use.
- In the Payments box, select the Payments role from the drop-down list. This automatically selects the checkbox next to Payments.
- To send an email invitation to the developer’s email address, click Send invite.
- To approve the XTrulink application, Navigate to https://app.blackbaud.com/marketplace/applications/9068f342-7c6a-4dd4-b765-2baad5df11fc
- If the application is not active, click Connect App on the left hand side. If you see a Get Started button instead, you will need you have your Environment Admin complete this step.
While logged in as this new user, click the Connect to BBMS button. You will be redirected to Blackbaud to approve XTrulink access.
Once you click Authorize you will be redirected back to XTrulink to complete the BBMS Integration.
IMPORTANT: You must choose your LIVE Payment Configuration to properly process credit card transactions and collect money.
Once you choose your credit card configuration, Confirm and Save your connection details to finalize the Payment Setup.