When your Template (message content) is prepared, navigate to Messaging > Recurring Messages to configure your automated membership expiration reminder. To start, click Create a Recurring Message. Give your message a name (it might help to use a standard naming convention, such as "Membership Renewal Reminder - Program A"). Then select the delivery method (email or text). Click Continue.
From the Recurring Message editor, you will configure a few settings:
- Title - the name you added during the first step (this can be updated at any time)
- Status - check the box for Active when you are ready to start running the message
- Email Message - select your template from the dropdown
- Type of Recurrence - select Membership Expiration
- Program - select Altru program
- Membership Level - select Altru membership level
- Auto Renewing Option - decide whether to send your reminder to all memberships, only auto-renewal memberships, or only non-auto-renewing memberships
- Send Message - select the time to send the message. This is determined by the time of the event. Currently, messages may only be sent BEFORE membership expiration dates.
- Click Save Changes to save